Last updated: 24.05.2018
Sailing Stones are committed to ensure that the data you supply to us will be processed with care and in accordance with applicable legislation and codes.
Sailing Stones may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
Sailing Stones Limited: Grand Union House 20 Kentish Town Road, London, United Kingdom, NW1 9NX
Data Protection Officer
Please address any queries on data protection to Ben Burney, firstname.lastname@example.org
What we collect and process
When you register on our website, register as a candidate, contact us, apply for a position directly or via a job advertisement, we may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Copies of correspondence from you
- Details of job applications, remuneration and benefits
- Other information relevant for recruitment for specific roles such as health and immunisation history.
Where we store your personal data
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to:
- Provide recruitment services to hiring companies and to candidates, including information, job opportunities, information about recommended jobs, and any other services as requested by the candidate. This information is shared to third parties only with the permission of the candidate.
- Keep internal records as required.
- To notify you about any changes to our service or these terms.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Sailing Stones is the sole owner of the information on this site. We will not disclose any information provided to third parties in any way, unless:
- it is outlined in this policy statement, or
- it is required by law, by any governmental or regulatory body, or
- in the course of matching you with recommended job opportunities or third party associated service provider in accordance with your wishes
Access to information and changes
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Requests for access to data or for us to delete any data we currently hold can be made via email to email@example.com. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.