Start-up Strategy & Operations
Start-up - Mobility
Our client, hailed as ‘one of the top 15 explosively growing companies’ by Forbes, ranking at number 3 in ShortList’s ‘50 best apps of the year’ in 2015, and the Editors’ choice of app on the App Store and Google Play, it is a cutting edge transportation company based in over 100 countries and leading in cities such as London, New York, Moscow and Tel Aviv.
This role sits in a special project team, dubbed a ‘start up within a start up’. This new initiative uses cutting edge technology allowing customers travelling along a similar route to share rides for a cheaper price comparable to that of public transport. This ambitious project will transform how people move around cities and effect how people interact with each other. Not content with simply being a taxi booking app however, our client is progressive with a long term plan to utilise automated and driverless cars and is investing heavily in the next generation of transport technology.
The role of Strategy & Operations Associate will play a pivotal role in shaping and growing the new ride sharing product and changing the face of transport both within and outside the UK.
- Supporting the full launch life-cycle: market sizing analysis, defining of the go-to-market strategy and executing of launch.
- Owning the operational aspects of the service. Defining and building strategies, frameworks and reporting templates to ensure existing and future demand is fulfilled and enabling the product to scale.
- Mastering an understanding of the product; recommending local implementation of settings as well as feeding into the global product roadmap.
- Overseeing the customer service function, defining processes to ensure the product scales efficiently and all product, customer and driver feedback is efficiently captured and actioned.
- Ideally 2 or more years’ experience in consulting or at another technologically centred company.
- Highly analytical with strong problem solving skills. SQL server training beneficial.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Package: Up to £55,000 base + generous equity offering.
Location: London, UK.
If this job interests you please feel free to get in touch and arrange a call.
Head of Strategy & Design, Payments
Financial Services - Payments
£140 - 150,000 + Car Allowance, Bonus & benefits·London, UK
As the Head of Strategy and Design for Payments, you will lead the overall strategy and design of the Payments function, overseeing both Innovation and Design teams, and being accountable for developing and delivering a Payments Strategy that meets the ever growing needs of the business and its customers, creating a clear and compelling vision, through strategic thinking and stakeholder skills to drive any future transformation to meet changes in Payments architecture.
- People management, responsibilities, including coaching, support and creating an engaging and values led culture
- Leading the migration strategy for the Payments business
- Gather external insights (e.g. industry trends/competitors) regarding major consumer, behaviour and technology trends that could impact how the payments function operates and what clients want
- Translating the payments strategy into a compelling narrative for the business
- Refresh the payments strategy to exploit the opportunities of Open Banking and PSD2
- Lead market analysis and horizon scans to customer, competitor and fin tech trends and translate this into strategy and action plans
- Develop and execute a programme of thought leadership to increase the reputation as an innovative payments business.
- Drive industry direction to ensure challenger bank interests are central to the agenda
- Develop the strategic role of payments in the emerging ‘Platform Banking’ model
- Develop and promote the open APIs business model in order to support customer proposition development internally and with partners
- Rationalise and simplify the payments proposition to deliver compelling customer experiences and reduce cost
- Accelerate digital adoption to cement strategic customer and cost objectives
- Define and agree Strategic Product Plans, with supporting investment and action plans.
- Provide payment product governance
- Ensure appropriate focus on end to end resilience and continuity to comply with scheme certification
Investment Associate, FIG, Impact Investment
Private Equity - Impact Investment
£54,000 + Bonus and Benefits·London, UK
Do you have a purpose? How do you measure success? ….. How about, by how much positive impact you make in the parts of the world that most need it?
If you have a desire to put to use your experience of Investment Banking, Private Equity or Strategy Consulting, in an organization that whose purpose measures success in terms of the positive impact that it makes in less developed economies, then perhaps you could be an impact investor.
Employing commercial equity capital whilst ensuring a strong developmental impact, over the last three years, this team have deployed $1b+ across Africa and South Asia with a strong pipeline of additional investment opportunity. The Financial Institutions group has deployed over $400m of this capital across nine equity investments.
As an Associate you will research regions, countries and specific financial sub-sectors, evaluate new investment proposals and monitor the portfolio’s performance. In addition you will support the senior members of the Financial Institutions (“FI”) equity team with:
- Undertaking research into specific sub-sectors and countries that fit within the investment mandate in order to develop sub-sector strategies
- Evaluating new investment proposals or potential target businesses, including conducting financial analysis, valuation exercises, financial modelling, etc.
- Having responsibility for aspects of the deal processes including working with due diligence and other advisors
- Supporting in the post-deal management of the investment portfolio
- Maintaining the deal pipeline and filtering potential opportunities
- Preparation of valuation and presentation materials for investment committees
- At least 2 years’ experience working specifically within the financial services sector. Exposure to emerging market finance, especially in Africa and Asia, is helpful
- Experience within private equity and/or investment banking or consulting is desirable
Chief of Staff/Head of Commercial Excellence – MedTech
Healthcare - Med-Tech
£80,000-90,000 + Car Allowance (£9,000) + 25% Bonus + Pension, Profit share, Healthcare·Cambridgeshire, UK
Head of Commercial Excellence
You are offered a unique opportunity to join an impactful Commercial Excellence team in a growing Global Company with a market leading Sales and Marketing operation in the UK & Ireland. The position as Head of Commercial Excellence gives you the chance to make a real difference in building commercial opportunities, and to empower our people to solve commercial challenges in the context of an international company.
Reporting directly to the Country Manager of the UK & Ireland, a fomer McKinsey Consultant, you will form part of the Business Unit leadership team and will interact with many senior stakeholders in the UK & Ireland, and in the global Headquarters. Working in Commercial Excellence enhances the commercial understanding of the fundamental drivers in the business and can lead to a broad spectrum of opportunities, including commercial leadership roles in the UK or Ireland, one of our other global subsidiaries or within Headquarters.
You will be a part of the BU Leadership team, and will be responsible for managing the Commercial Excellence team. The responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading or participating in strategic projects, e.g. investment cases, account strategies or commercial change management process’
- Building and running the annual strategic planning process
- Leading monthly and quarterly forecast updates, substantiating and interpreting forecasts provided
- Following up diligently on UK sales performance and interacting pro-actively with HQ and Region Europe on performance and performance drivers
- Challenging (leading) KPI targets set and KPI performance
- Building efficient and high-quality performance management processes across the UK & Ireland – encompassing the comprehensive organisation from the Senior Leadership Team to the Regional Sales Team
- Assisting Senior Management and facilitating the sharing of best practice across Sales, Marketing and our Consumer Care team
- Validating and delivering quarterly field bonus scheme payouts
- Managing Tender submissions
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience from a management consulting or a corporate development role
- Strong analytical toolbox and sound problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly to a broad audience throughout the organisation
- Ability to create results through others
- Proven project management skills
- Strong quantitative skills and a solid understanding of what it takes to have P&L responsibility
- Challenging mind-set
- Discipline to deliver high-quality output
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent IT skills – super user of Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Master/MBA is preferred
We are looking for a person with a strong drive, who is ambitious and structured about problem solving. It is also important that you possess leadership capabilities and that you are able to lead across the organisation – not just your own team. You must be passionate about your work and have a healthy appetite for solving complex business problems. It is important that you can work with and influence people at different levels in the organization.
Business Development Manager – PE Backed
PE Backed - Healthcare
£75 - 90,000 + Bonus and Benefits·London, UK
Founded in 2008, our client is a high growth Private Equity backed consumer and medical healthcare provider, with a simple vision to become a global market leader in their field.
The company has successfully built a high-quality presence across several countries, building and acquiring businesses in the: UK (7 sites), Germany (2 sites), Poland (5 sites+ 4 being constructed), Czech Republic (5 sites) China (1 site).
This is a high growth business looking to leverage its strong reputation and brand equity to continue to scale its operations both organically and inorganically.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, this is a new and exciting role to help deliver on strategy with regular interaction with the Group CFO and CEO. The responsibilities of the role include the development and execution of Group strategy, the exploration and validation of new opportunities for the business (M&A, greenfield footprint expansion, new business opportunities, etc.) and the packaging of materials for the Group executive and Board.
We are looking for outstanding candidates with 3+ years’ experience with a tier 1 management consultancy, strong financial capabilities and the ability to work independently.
- Explore new growth opportunities, evaluate the potential to be value accretive and model the likely financial and operational impact on the company (e.g. vertical or horizontal integration – organic or inorganic)
- Identify M&A opportunities and oversee the execution of these opportunities (due diligence, financial modelling and valuation, project management, supporting materials)
- Facilitate benchmarking, best practice sharing and greater consistency across the markets where the company operates to enhance efficiency and effectiveness and lower costs (e.g. procurement)
- Provide operational and project management support for high-value, priority projects being implemented across the group (e.g. opening a new hospital)
- Support the Group CEO and CFO with the development and validation of papers and supporting analysis for the Board
- Form, lead and manage short term Business Development Project Groups to pursue potential opportunities as and when they arise
- A management consultant with strong experience working on strategic, operational, and due diligence projects
- A strong set of financial and commercial skills with the ability to develop robust business cases and financial & operational models
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to structure and package materials effectively to support executive and Board decision making
- The ability to work independently to drive thinking/output with limited oversight and a team player attitude needed to engage with the Financial and Operational teams across the Group
- The ability to manage small teams of specialists for short, but intense, projects
Investment Executive – High Growth Hospitality
PE Backed - Hospitality
£45-55,000 base + Bonus and Benefits·London, UK
Our client is a well-known, growing investment holding company (one of the fastest in the UK) which is the owner & developer of a number of unique Hotels, Restaurants and Bars.
Backed by significant funding, the business has moved from Boutique Hotels to a brand group that encompasses Hotels, Resorts, Bars, Restaurants and Unique Experiences – targeting new and exciting neighbourhoods and drawing inspiration from their local crowds.
Due to their continual fast growth, the group is looking to hire an Investment Executive with a remit to support the Investment Team, CDO and CFO in a number of roles. The Investment Executive will be a key contributor to strategy development – researching into the UK, European and US markets, preparing detailed analysis of potential investment including financial modelling, executing commercial and legal due diligence and offering support to a wide variety of teams – be it Digital, Finance & Investment or Marketing.
Requirements & Candidate Profile
• 2-3 years’+ in a top-tier Strategy Consulting firm OR in a Big4 with Corporate Finance experience
• Highly numerate and with solid technical skills
• Modelling experience and an understanding of valuation techniques
• Interest in hospitality and leisure sectors
Product Analyst/Manager – FinTech
Start-Up - FinTech
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity·London, UK
As the disruption continues, one of technology’s hottest Fintech start-ups, having raised $70 million in venture funding to date, are looking to bring on board a Product Analyst/Manager to join their organization, and help the firm grow internationally.
With an award winning technology platform, our client is redefining p2p lending, enabling lenders and small businesses to instantly boost their revenues.
They are looking for outstanding Associates to support their growth across the company in a rotation program, working alongside the Chief Product Officer and with exposure to Growth, Strategy, Finance and Operations.
The role will lead to leadership opportunities and has potential to make a tremendous impact on the trajectory of the company.
- 1-4 years’ experience at top-tier Strategy Consulting
- Strong spike in analytical ability, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets
- Passion for the Fintech sector
Business Associate – Start-Up
Start-Up - e-Commerce
Viagogo is a high growth technology platform, with a mission to disrupt how tickets are sold globally.
Their existing global online platform for live sport, music and entertainment tickets provides ticket buyers with the widest possible choice of tickets to events across the world, and helps ticket sellers ranging from individuals with a spare ticket to large multi-national event organisers reach a global audience.
Viagogo partners with many of the world’s leading brands in sport and entertainment, and have helped customers from almost every country in the world access tickets to their favourite events in the language, currency and on the device of their choice.
As a Business Associate, you will:
- take on big responsibilities and manage high-priority projects right across the business
- leverage analytical and communication skills to deconstruct complex problems and derive solutions
- exercise your leadership and business judgement to garner buy-in and prioritise project implementation
Viagogo are seeking all-around “athletes” who can work independently to make sense of raw data as well as form an opinion and coordinate a team on next steps.
Strong performers can expect to be in a managerial position within 12 months, and leading a department within 2-3 years.
Based in London with the opportunity to travel to other offices across the globe.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s from a top-tier university
- Between 6 months and 2 years of experience in top tier management consulting, investment banking or a role in business operations and analytics (including internships).
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas in speech and writing, including strong “executive presence” and ability to work effectively with senior management and cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail, top-notch organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to be productive in fast-paced and unstructured environments.
- Desire to leverage and grow your analytical skill set including.
- Real responsibility and a supportive environment with development
- Rapid progression in 12 months
- Young, dynamic environment
- Competitive basic salary + discretionary bonus
- Opportunity for stock options in the future