Group Financial Controller
£90,000 - 100,000 + Bonus and Benefits·London, UK
What is sports technology?
Sports technology is about providing innovative data-driven solution to sports leagues and federations, media companies and regulated betting markets. From real time data collection, safeguarding integrity of play and forging commercial partnerships, sports technology helps to increase efficiency and competitiveness while decreasing cost, maximising the commercial return of data and ensuring the maximum amount of trust and entertainment among fans.
Headquartered in London is one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world and the global leader in providing such data driven solutions to their partners challenges.
Life is never dull in the cutting-edge world of sports technology, particularly here, where we have created a stimulating, collaborative and fun working environment.
Career development is so important, which is why we support careers with the best training and mentoring possible and provide opportunities to progress as we grow and expand our global locations.
As Group Financial Controller you’ll play a pivotal role in the growth of our dynamic business, you shape and head the finance department. You will need to be a strategic thinker, able to lead an initiative to improve processes, making the production of financial information more efficient.
Working closely with the Group CFO and management team, you’ll provide hands-on support to their decision making and be responsible for presenting financial reports.
Head of Direct Digital Marketing
Retail - e-Commerce
£60-70,000 + Bonus and Benefits·London, UK
As part of the Marketing and Commercial leadership team within this fast growing PE backed e-Commerce company, you will manage a team of 3 to drive increased value from direct digital marketing activities.
The team is data driven and results focused, and is the intersection of data, product, engineering, and marketing. The team have a strong technical, analytical, and product background – with a hunger to grow and retain customers.
The role is highly strategic and requires vision and leadership, however it also requires a can-do attitude and a focus on tangible 80/20 actions.
The role will be strongly incentivised on return on investment, net revenue per subscriber, and direct revenue generation from owned media channels.
This is a high profile role and the manager will need to be able to contribute to the vision of the business and be fluent at working with C-suite and departmental directors.
Aimed at a Consultant with 3-4 years experience with leadership potential who is willing to step up and prove themselves in their first managerial role.
Managing Director – Family Office
Family Office - SFO
Competitive package, low tax environment·Jersey, Jersey
A substantial Family Office seeks a highly credible Director to take over responsibility for day to day running and governance of their office in Jersey.
The entity is responsible for the management of several billion dollars of cash, fund investments, significant stakes in operating companies, and ventures investments in early stage tech companies.
Managing a small team of Analysts and Admin staff, you will be responsible for decision making, advising the board, executing deals, cash and treasury management etc. You will also liaise closely with the investment advisory team based in London.
Qualifications and Skills
- Chartered Accountant
- Mature and highly credible
- Keen intellect and strategic thinker
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of Mergers, Acquisitions, Disposals, Minority Investments
- Cash Management, Treasury, Bonds, Equities etc.
- Confident, articulate and strong presentation skills
- Legal experience extremely beneficial
Senior Manager Strategy Performance and Corporate Development
Financial Services - Retail Banking
£85,000 base (c£120,000 package)·London, UK
As a key member of the Corporate Development and Business Performance team you will support the Director in executing activity across the team.
The role is informally divided into two parts:
- A chief of staff type element whereby you will pull together and integrate information from the reporting, forecasting and chief economist teams to ensure the story articulated to the CFO, executive committee and board is accurate, succinct and compelling.
- In parallel you will also be responsible for competitor analysis and will support the corporate development agenda and M&A activity
You will likely have worked in a Strategy Consultancy or Corporate Finance advisory team, Transaction Services or a combination and possess excellent financial skills including valuations, combined with a strategic mindset and approach and excellent story telling ability and stakeholder management skills.
Start-up Strategy & Operations
Start-up - Mobility
Our client, hailed as ‘one of the top 15 explosively growing companies’ by Forbes, ranking at number 3 in ShortList’s ‘50 best apps of the year’ in 2015, and the Editors’ choice of app on the App Store and Google Play, it is a cutting edge transportation company based in over 100 countries and leading in cities such as London, New York, Moscow and Tel Aviv.
This role sits in a special project team, dubbed a ‘start up within a start up’. This new initiative uses cutting edge technology allowing customers travelling along a similar route to share rides for a cheaper price comparable to that of public transport. This ambitious project will transform how people move around cities and effect how people interact with each other. Not content with simply being a taxi booking app however, our client is progressive with a long term plan to utilise automated and driverless cars and is investing heavily in the next generation of transport technology.
The role of Strategy & Operations Associate will play a pivotal role in shaping and growing the new ride sharing product and changing the face of transport both within and outside the UK.
- Supporting the full launch life-cycle: market sizing analysis, defining of the go-to-market strategy and executing of launch.
- Owning the operational aspects of the service. Defining and building strategies, frameworks and reporting templates to ensure existing and future demand is fulfilled and enabling the product to scale.
- Mastering an understanding of the product; recommending local implementation of settings as well as feeding into the global product roadmap.
- Overseeing the customer service function, defining processes to ensure the product scales efficiently and all product, customer and driver feedback is efficiently captured and actioned.
- Ideally 2 or more years’ experience in consulting or at another technologically centred company.
- Highly analytical with strong problem solving skills. SQL server training beneficial.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Package: Up to £55,000 base + generous equity offering.
Location: London, UK.
If this job interests you please feel free to get in touch and arrange a call.
COMPLETED: Head of Strategy & Design, Payments
Financial Services - Payments
£140 - 150,000 + Car Allowance, Bonus & benefits·London, UK
ASSIGNMENT NOW COMPLETE
As the Head of Strategy and Design for Payments, you will lead the overall strategy and design of the Payments function, overseeing both Innovation and Design teams, and being accountable for developing and delivering a Payments Strategy that meets the ever growing needs of the business and its customers, creating a clear and compelling vision, through strategic thinking and stakeholder skills to drive any future transformation to meet changes in Payments architecture.
- People management, responsibilities, including coaching, support and creating an engaging and values led culture
- Leading the migration strategy for the Payments business
- Gather external insights (e.g. industry trends/competitors) regarding major consumer, behaviour and technology trends that could impact how the payments function operates and what clients want
- Translating the payments strategy into a compelling narrative for the business
- Refresh the payments strategy to exploit the opportunities of Open Banking and PSD2
- Lead market analysis and horizon scans to customer, competitor and fin tech trends and translate this into strategy and action plans
- Develop and execute a programme of thought leadership to increase the reputation as an innovative payments business.
- Drive industry direction to ensure challenger bank interests are central to the agenda
- Develop the strategic role of payments in the emerging ‘Platform Banking’ model
- Develop and promote the open APIs business model in order to support customer proposition development internally and with partners
- Rationalise and simplify the payments proposition to deliver compelling customer experiences and reduce cost
- Accelerate digital adoption to cement strategic customer and cost objectives
- Define and agree Strategic Product Plans, with supporting investment and action plans.
- Provide payment product governance
- Ensure appropriate focus on end to end resilience and continuity to comply with scheme certification
COMPLETED: Chief of Staff/Head of Commercial Excellence – MedTech
Healthcare - Med-Tech
£80,000-90,000 + Car Allowance (£9,000) + 25% Bonus + Pension, Profit share, Healthcare·Cambridgeshire, UK
ASSIGNMENT NOW COMPLETE
Head of Commercial Excellence
You are offered a unique opportunity to join an impactful Commercial Excellence team in a growing Global Company with a market leading Sales and Marketing operation in the UK & Ireland. The position as Head of Commercial Excellence gives you the chance to make a real difference in building commercial opportunities, and to empower our people to solve commercial challenges in the context of an international company.
Reporting directly to the Country Manager of the UK & Ireland, a fomer McKinsey Consultant, you will form part of the Business Unit leadership team and will interact with many senior stakeholders in the UK & Ireland, and in the global Headquarters. Working in Commercial Excellence enhances the commercial understanding of the fundamental drivers in the business and can lead to a broad spectrum of opportunities, including commercial leadership roles in the UK or Ireland, one of our other global subsidiaries or within Headquarters.
You will be a part of the BU Leadership team, and will be responsible for managing the Commercial Excellence team. The responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading or participating in strategic projects, e.g. investment cases, account strategies or commercial change management process’
- Building and running the annual strategic planning process
- Leading monthly and quarterly forecast updates, substantiating and interpreting forecasts provided
- Following up diligently on UK sales performance and interacting pro-actively with HQ and Region Europe on performance and performance drivers
- Challenging (leading) KPI targets set and KPI performance
- Building efficient and high-quality performance management processes across the UK & Ireland – encompassing the comprehensive organisation from the Senior Leadership Team to the Regional Sales Team
- Assisting Senior Management and facilitating the sharing of best practice across Sales, Marketing and our Consumer Care team
- Validating and delivering quarterly field bonus scheme payouts
- Managing Tender submissions
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience from a management consulting or a corporate development role
- Strong analytical toolbox and sound problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly to a broad audience throughout the organisation
- Ability to create results through others
- Proven project management skills
- Strong quantitative skills and a solid understanding of what it takes to have P&L responsibility
- Challenging mind-set
- Discipline to deliver high-quality output
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent IT skills – super user of Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Master/MBA is preferred
We are looking for a person with a strong drive, who is ambitious and structured about problem solving. It is also important that you possess leadership capabilities and that you are able to lead across the organisation – not just your own team. You must be passionate about your work and have a healthy appetite for solving complex business problems. It is important that you can work with and influence people at different levels in the organization.
COMPLETED: Business Development Manager – PE Backed
PE Backed - Healthcare
£75 - 90,000 + Bonus and Benefits·London, UK
ASSIGNMENT NOW COMPLETE
Founded in 2008, our client is a high growth Private Equity backed consumer and medical healthcare provider, with a simple vision to become a global market leader in their field.
The company has successfully built a high-quality presence across several countries, building and acquiring businesses in the: UK (7 sites), Germany (2 sites), Poland (5 sites+ 4 being constructed), Czech Republic (5 sites) China (1 site).
This is a high growth business looking to leverage its strong reputation and brand equity to continue to scale its operations both organically and inorganically.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, this is a new and exciting role to help deliver on strategy with regular interaction with the Group CFO and CEO. The responsibilities of the role include the development and execution of Group strategy, the exploration and validation of new opportunities for the business (M&A, greenfield footprint expansion, new business opportunities, etc.) and the packaging of materials for the Group executive and Board.
We are looking for outstanding candidates with 3+ years’ experience with a tier 1 management consultancy, strong financial capabilities and the ability to work independently.
- Explore new growth opportunities, evaluate the potential to be value accretive and model the likely financial and operational impact on the company (e.g. vertical or horizontal integration – organic or inorganic)
- Identify M&A opportunities and oversee the execution of these opportunities (due diligence, financial modelling and valuation, project management, supporting materials)
- Facilitate benchmarking, best practice sharing and greater consistency across the markets where the company operates to enhance efficiency and effectiveness and lower costs (e.g. procurement)
- Provide operational and project management support for high-value, priority projects being implemented across the group (e.g. opening a new hospital)
- Support the Group CEO and CFO with the development and validation of papers and supporting analysis for the Board
- Form, lead and manage short term Business Development Project Groups to pursue potential opportunities as and when they arise
- A management consultant with strong experience working on strategic, operational, and due diligence projects
- A strong set of financial and commercial skills with the ability to develop robust business cases and financial & operational models
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to structure and package materials effectively to support executive and Board decision making
- The ability to work independently to drive thinking/output with limited oversight and a team player attitude needed to engage with the Financial and Operational teams across the Group
- The ability to manage small teams of specialists for short, but intense, projects
Product Analyst/Manager – FinTech
Start-Up - FinTech
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity·London, UK
As the disruption continues, one of technology’s hottest Fintech start-ups, having raised $70 million in venture funding to date, are looking to bring on board a Product Analyst/Manager to join their organization, and help the firm grow internationally.
With an award winning technology platform, our client is redefining p2p lending, enabling lenders and small businesses to instantly boost their revenues.
They are looking for outstanding Associates to support their growth across the company in a rotation program, working alongside the Chief Product Officer and with exposure to Growth, Strategy, Finance and Operations.
The role will lead to leadership opportunities and has potential to make a tremendous impact on the trajectory of the company.
- 1-4 years’ experience at top-tier Strategy Consulting
- Strong spike in analytical ability, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets
- Passion for the Fintech sector
Business Associate – Start-Up
Start-Up - e-Commerce
High growth technology platform, with a mission to disrupt how tickets are sold globally.
Their existing global online platform for live sport, music and entertainment tickets provides ticket buyers with the widest possible choice of tickets to events across the world, and helps ticket sellers ranging from individuals with a spare ticket to large multi-national event organisers reach a global audience. They partner with many of the world’s leading brands in sport and entertainment, and have helped customers from almost every country in the world access tickets to their favourite events in the language, currency and on the device of their choice.
As a Business Associate, you will:
- take on big responsibilities and manage high-priority projects right across the business
- leverage analytical and communication skills to deconstruct complex problems and derive solutions
- exercise your leadership and business judgement to garner buy-in and prioritise project implementation
We are seeking all-around “athletes” who can work independently to make sense of raw data as well as form an opinion and coordinate a team on next steps.
Strong performers can expect to be in a managerial position within 12 months, and leading a department within 2-3 years.
Based in London with the opportunity to travel to other offices across the globe.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s from a top-tier university
- Between 6 months and 2 years of experience in top tier management consulting, investment banking or a role in business operations and analytics (including internships).
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas in speech and writing, including strong “executive presence” and ability to work effectively with senior management and cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail, top-notch organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to be productive in fast-paced and unstructured environments.
- Desire to leverage and grow your analytical skill set including.
- Real responsibility and a supportive environment with development
- Rapid progression in 12 months
- Young, dynamic environment
- Competitive basic salary + discretionary bonus
- Opportunity for stock options in the future